Sunday, August 5, 2012

Empire State of Mind


When I first moved to NYC in March I thought I would have so many great job opportunities. So far nothing has come through and I have been unemployed now for way too long. I miss working. It's not like I'm not being open minded and being open to new jobs, or experiences. I have applied for a lot of sub par jobs too or at least what I would consider sub-par. I am used to making pretty decent money. I thought NYC would be great and I would make higher wages, because of the cost of living etc, but the jobs I see here want to pay me the same amount or less than what I was getting in my previous job in a smaller town where the cost of living was much more affordable. 

I feel so frustrated right now. I don't know whats going to happen to me, but I'm not giving in yet. It just feels like I have been climbing a mountain uphill for a long time, and I really want to take a break and rest, but I can't. 

 I don't want to move to a completely different state and move in with my mother (whom I love, but drives me nuts) But honestly my options are slowly moving out. I thought it would take me 3 months tops to get a job even a shitty one, but so far nothing has come through. 

I have been on a ton of interviews. I have signed up with temp agencies. I have trolled the internet and applied right and left for jobs. I have done quite a bit, but apparently not enough. I still have some tricks up my sleeve so I'm not throwing in the towel yet!

Besides if I can make it here, it will be like some self-validating test and it will be proof to myself and others that I really can make it on my own! 

"It ain't over till it's over" and I am not ready to give in yet. I feel like I am so close to something big that I can taste it, but it keeps eluding me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment